Location ID: #10034325
3 photos
Accessible from the Dawson or Sam Black Church exits of I-64. Larger tracts of land along Meadow River can be found by taking U.S. Route 60 from Sam Black Church to county Route 60/18 near Rupert.
Location ID: #10034276
3 photos
Former bank building, operates as a restaurant.
Location ID: #10035531
4 photos
Milton is noted for its historic covered bridge across the nearby Mud River. In 2002, the covered bridge was moved to nearby Pumpkin Park. The town is also known for Blenko Glass, which is across the street from Pumpkin Park.
Location ID: #10034273
15 photos
Nestled along the banks of the Kanawha River, Montgomery is unique in that it is located within both Fayette and Kanawha Counties. With a population of approximantly 2000, Montgomery is rich in history and diversity.
Location ID: #10036408
7 photos
Location ID: #10032889
10 photos
In 1920, the citizens of Mount Hope and vicinity decided it would be a fine thing for the community if some provisions were made to provide better and cleaner amusements for boys and girls. After several meetings by interested partie, a conference ...
Location ID: #10034286
17 photos
Location ID: #10032887
28 photos
Offering West Virginia slots, the Mountaineer Casino is the premiere resort facility featuring penny and dime slots machines, as well as table games, video poker, and daily poker tournaments! Enjoy dining, entertainment, lodging, golf and more!
Location ID: #10034230
3 photos
The Mt. Tabor Baptist Church was built in 1836 and stands in downtown Lewisburg, West Virginia.
Location ID: #10041484
17 photos
The Marion County Courthouse is a Beaux-Arts style building in Fairmont, West Virginia, in the United States. The courthouse was constructed from 1897 to 1900, and was designed by W. D. Priest of the architectural firm Yost & Packard of Columbus, ...
Location ID: #10039606
2 photos
Location ID: #10041990
1 photo
Marlin Run flows through Marlinton to its mouth at the Greenbrier River.
Location ID: #10041414
1 photo
Location ID: #10040144
3 photos
Buskirk Hall, a six-story women's residence with a capacity of approximately 250 women, is on the east side of inner campus.
Opened in 1965 as West Hall, it was renamed in 1976 to honor Lillian Helms Buskirk, who was Dean of Women from 1941 until ...
Location ID: #10040146
1 photo
Campus Christian Center, completed in 1961 on Fifth Avenue beside the Memorial Student Center, is privately owned and operated by a corporation, whose Board of Directors is elected by nine Christian denominations. No state funds were involved in its ...
Location ID: #10040158
1 photo
Holderby Hall, built in 1963 on Fifth Avenue as South Hall to house male students, was enlarged in 1969 to become a nine-story coed residence with men in the east wing and women in the west wing.
In 1980 it was renamed in honor of James Holderby, ...
Location ID: #10040157
4 photos
The James E. Morrow Library, located on Third Avenue on the north side of campus, was constructed in 1930 and named to honor James E. Morrow, who headed Marshall College from 1872-73 (he was the grandfather of Anne Morrow Lindbergh). An addition ...
Location ID: #10040156
5 photos
Jenkins Hall, constructed in 1937 and located on the eastern side of the inner campus, was named in honor of a distinguished Confederate calvary officer, General Albert Gallatin Jenkins, who was a native of Cabell County.
Until 1970 the building ...
Location ID: #10040155
2 photos
The Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center is located on Fifth Avenue on the south side of campus across from the Memorial Student Center. Completed in 1992, the facility was named to honor Joan C. Edwards, a Huntington philanthropist and patroness ...
Location ID: #10040154
1 photo
Joan C. Edwards Stadium, built in 1991, is located at the corner of 20th Street and Third Avenue on the eastern end of campus.
The 38,016 seat stadium has an artificial playing surface of 53,147 square feet, and houses luxury boxes, coaches' ...
Location ID: #10040152
5 photos
The $118,000 bronze statue of John Marshall was created by sculptor William Behrends of Tryon, N.C. and unveiled on October 23rd 1998.
This 8 foot statue stands outside the John Deaver Drinko Library facing John Marshall Drive.
The 6 foot base ...
Location ID: #10040151
2 photos
Laidley Hall, built in 1937 on Third Avenue on the north side of campus, was named for John Laidley, who founded Marshall Academy in 1837 and named the school for his friend and colleague, Chief United States Supreme Court Justice John ...
Location ID: #10040164
9 photos
On the campus side of the Memorial Student Center a plaza is centered by a fountain designed by sculptor Harry Bertoia with 75 points at the top, each representing a life taken in the 1970 Marshall Football plane crash.
The plaza was renovated in ...
Location ID: #10040150
3 photos
The Memorial Student Center, located on Fifth Avenue on the south side of campus, was completed in 1971. Its name commemorates the loss of the entire Marshall football team in the 1970 plane crash.
The building houses offices of student ...